Looks like northwest winds Sunday so we'll try a variation on the Little Elm route that includes the hill on Stonehaven (not quite halfway to the rest stop) and the sprint zone to The Tribute after the rest stop. Interestingly, though the route is about 3/4 of a mile longer than the usual Sachse route, RideWithGPS says that the total climb is almost exactly the same.
Based on the number of people who didn't ride today (including me) the group may be large this week.
The other usual details:
Hope to see everyone in the morning!
- Expect an average speed somewhere in our 15.5 -16.5 mph range. As always, we'll see where we fall in the speed spectrum. Since this is a no drop ride, as long as someone is in the posted range we will stick with them (especially if they are the ride leader).
- Depart from the usual Bagels location at Legacy and Independence just north of Dunkin' Donuts.
- Separate sign in and briefing from the "other" Bagels ride. We normally do sign-in just south of the regular Bagels group, but still north of Dunkin'.
- Wheels down at 7:30 AM, so be there ready to ride for sign in by 7:15 (and I'll try hard to be there by then to sign you in).
- The ride will be a variation on the usual Little Elm routes.
- As I said this is a no-drop ride, but choose wisely.