Contact Andrew Hoodwin
Distance Builder Lite Ride
|| 50-70 miles building throughout the summer
|| 2.5-3.5 hours
|| 16-16.5 mph
|| Rest stops:
|| NW corner of Spring Creek and Coit Rd.
|| Follows start times on home page
Description: GOAL of the DB Rec Ride is to prepare seriously committed riders to complete either the Dallas Bike MS or the HHH or both by consistently building base mileage. The rider that should consider this ride is anyone who has successful experience with either the Tweener, DB Lite or above rides can do well on this ride. Experience below Tweener alone is probably not enough to join this ride. The ground rules for success:
- This is not an entry level ride, riders should be fully aware of and compliant with PBA ride policies and etiquette. We will follow all PBA and Texas Transportation Code rules, meaning stopping at stop signs and lights, riding two abreast on normal roads and single file on 2 lane roads.
- Ride leaders will control the pace to average 15.5 to 16 mph (traveling speeds slightly higher), do not expect sprint zones (only at ride leader's discretion) or long breaks--- we will keep rest stop time short so as to maximize distance covered. Riders will be encouraged to eat and hydrate during the ride, as expected on long distance rides.
- If riders falls back due to missing a light traffic, the rest of the group will slow or wait for the riders.
- We will stop for mechanicals and slow the pace if traffic conditions split the group.
- This is a DROP ride. As the mileage increases, if you are in doubt about your ability to maintain the pace over the full distance, please have a SAG buddy / plan (remember we will peak at 70+ miles over the course of the summer).
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start to allow time to sign in, introduce yourself to the ride leader, and hear the pre-ride briefing.
Click to read the PBA ride rules
Click to read about ride preparation
Location NW corner of Coit and Spring Creek, Plano