Well it's going to be colder than earlier forecasts predicted. So we'll delay start to 9:30am and ride to McKinney.
WEATHER (as of 7pm Friday)
It should be 37°F at 9:30am and 46°F at 1pm. Winds are decreasing 7-3mph from the NE. We'll have mostly cloudy skies and no chance for rain.
See "News" section of our website for a note on routes and downloading to your device.
OPTIONAL GO YOUR OWN PACE ZONE--WE WILL WAIT AT REGROUP POINT:
- Rollins Dr, Mile 39.1 to mile 39.9. We'll travel south on Alma, then turn right onto Rollins, where the Go Zone begins. Go your own pace up the hill, turn left onto Longwood Drive, stop on the right before Hedgcoxe to regroup. I'll sweep, so no need to go fast.
- The goal is to keep the group effort smooth and consistent during the ride.
- In order to keep the effort smoother for everyone, the front riders will accelerate very gradually after stops and turns.
- If you want to work more, please take a turn up front by announcing your request and safely making your way up to the front, e.g. at a stop light, when given the go-ahead.
- We will target a Garmin rolling average of 15.5mph - 16.5mph. This typically means going ~1-3mph faster on flats.
- We may go slower at times, we don't want to burn ourselves out on these long rides, so uphill and/or upwind sections will be taken at an easier pace so as to not expend our reserves.
- We may go much faster at times and exceed 25mph, depending again on wind and hills.
- Please review the route posted above carefully, and print or download to your bike computer.
- The rest stop is at mile 23.0 and is a QuikTrip.
- This is a DROP RIDE. However, if we get separated at a traffic signal, or if there is a mechanical issue, we will soft pedal or stop to regroup.
- Please have a sag plan in place in case you have gotten in over your head.
- You should have successfully completed rides with Tweeners, DB Lite, or above to attempt this ride.
You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of everyone else in the group, so please RIDE STEADILY, BE PREDICTABLE, & COMMUNICATE
while riding with our group and adhere to the following PBA rules:
- Keep at least one hand on the handlebar at all times!
- You must wear a helmet.
- Headphones, speakers, and any form of music is not allowed.
- Call out road hazards loudly so others will hear you.
- Loudly call "SLOWING" if cyclists ahead of you slow down unexpectedly.
- Please note: left is anything to the left of the left column; right is anything to the right of the right column; and middle is anything between the left and right column.
- When the ride leader calls out "Prepare Left", the sweeper (last cyclist in the left column) is responsible for initiating group left lane change(s) when safe to do so by loudly calling out "Take It" and taking the lane first or holding the current lane while loudly calling out "Car Back".
- Ride a straight line and do not overlap the wheel in front of you.
- Loudly pass all messages pertaining to the group up to the ride leader, e.g. "Gap" if the group starts to separate, "Riders Back" if members get separated at a stoplight or similar, "Mechanical" if ANYTHING occurs that requires the group to stop, and "Rider(s) Down" if needed.
- I strongly recommend blinking lights even during daytime rides. The added visibility may save you from injury or worse!
The goal is to have fun while riding safely within our ride parameters and enjoying the outdoors. Please introduce yourself to anyone you haven't met before. We ride at a brisk, but social pace.