This route should really be called the “mash-up”. It’s a mix and mash of the best of Wednesday Night, Rain Route, and old-time Advanced Tweeners. Speech @ 6:45am / Roll @ 7:00am
See the "News" section of our website for a note on routes and downloading to your device. If you have a Wahoo Elemnt, just copy the route to your own RideWithGPS account, and you can sync easily through your Wahoo phone app.
24.0mi @ QuikTrip (Eldorado/DNT)
49.3mi @ RaceTrac (Rolater/Custer)
42.3mi @ Stonebrook Pkwy (regroup at Shell Station, unofficial quick water/ice stop)
59.1mi @ Rollins Dr 59.1mi (regroup on Longwood Dr short of Hedgcoxe Rd)
NWS FORECAST (as of 8am Friday)
Sunny-Partly Sunny / 76°F @ 7am to 90°F (heat index 96°F) @ 12pm / Winds out of the NNE @ 9mph-10mph / Humidity from 76% @ 7am to 52% @ 12pm
HYDRATE!!! Bring plenty of water, electrolytes, and fuel for the ride.
This is a GROUP ride with the goal of maintaining a smooth and consistent effort during the ride. We can accomplish our goal with gradual starts and stops, and by maintaining an average rolling ride pace between 16mph and 16.5mph. At times, we may go slower (uphill, upwind) or faster (downhill, downwind) depending on the Group and conditions. We may go much faster at times and exceed 25mph, depending again on wind and hills.
This is a DROP RIDE. However, if we get separated at a traffic signal, or if there is a mechanical issue, we will soft pedal or stop to regroup.
Please have a sag plan in place in case you have gotten in over your head. You should have successfully completed rides with Tweeners, DB Lite, or above to attempt this ride.
You are responsible for your own safety and the safety of everyone else in the group, so please RIDE STEADILY, BE PREDICTABLE, & COMMUNICATE while riding with our group and adhere to the following PBA rules:
- Keep at least one hand on the handlebar at all times!
- You must wear a helmet.
- Headphones, speakers, and any form of music is not allowed.
- Call out road hazards loudly so others will hear you.
- Loudly call "SLOWING" if cyclists ahead of you slow down unexpectedly.
- Please note: left is anything to the left of the left column; right is anything to the right of the right column; and middle is anything between the left and right column.
- When the ride leader calls out "Prepare Left", the sweeper (last cyclist in the left column) is responsible for initiating group left lane change(s) when safe to do so by loudly calling out "Take It" and taking the lane first or holding the current lane while loudly calling out "Car Back".
- Ride a straight line and do not overlap the wheel in front of you.
- Loudly pass all messages pertaining to the group up to the ride leader, e.g. "Gap" if the group starts to separate, "Riders Back" if members get separated at a stoplight or similar, "Mechanical" if ANYTHING occurs that requires the group to stop, and "Rider(s) Down" if needed.
We strongly recommend blinking lights even during daytime rides. The added visibility may save you from injury or worse!
The goal is to have fun while riding safely within our ride parameters and enjoying the outdoors. Please introduce yourself to anyone you haven't met before. We ride at a brisk, but social pace.