(not really posted by Chris. Stephen Rovinsky here.)
Saturday, 2020 March 7, 8am Start
Gulledge Elementary School
6801 Preston Meadow Dr,
Plano, TX 75024
Robert Gaudsmith, Stephen Rovinsky, and Miguelito Hartman will wrangle the ride this week.
The route is the B2 Gulledge 1 route
It will be in the mid- to high-40s at 8am, with a moderate wind. Please do dress in layers.
Please arrive by 7:45am for the sign-in, safety waiver, and pre-ride safety speech.
Please be ready to roll at 8am.
NO-DROP ride approximately 42 miles.
Average rolling speed will be around 14-15 mph.
NO DROP RIDE
We will ride together as a group, in two lines within one lane where possible. If the road goes down to single lanes, we may call for "Single Up," which means that our two lines are going to merge into a single line. If we get separated at a traffic signal, or if there is a mechanical issue, we will soft pedal or stop to regroup.
1. Remember to bring your flat kit.
2. Inflate your tires to the recommended PSI before every ride. Road bike tires need to be checked before each ride. Several of us at the start will have air pumps. If you need one, or want to be shown how to use one, don't hesitate to ask.
3. Arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the ride.
4. Bring water – hydration is very important when cycling.
5. Dress in layers. It will be sunny, and after an hour or so, many people want to remove a jacket, sleeves, or more.