The wind is supposed to be out of the south trending to the southwest (sort of). When I raised the possibility of going to Valley Ranch there was a little grumbling that we just did it two weeks ago. Submitted for your approval (or at least your analysis): a modified route, with a little more distance and a little less climbing. Instead of doing the normal climbs to the Ranch Trail / Ranch View intersection, we are going to climb the hill that we usually fly down, then go to a Quik Trip on northbound Beltline.
The usual details:
- Expect an average speed somewhere in our 15.5 -16.5 mph range. Since this is a no drop ride, as long as someone is in the posted range we will stick with them. Yes, I rode up a lot of hills today, so we'll see.
- One for-sure rest stop at around 27 miles at the Quik Trip on Beltline. Other stops will be made as necessary.
- Depart from the usual Bagels location at Legacy and Independence just north of Dunkin'.
- Separate sign in and briefing from the "other" Bagels ride. We normally do sign-in just south/SW of the regular Bagels group, but still north of Dunkin'.
- Wheels down at 7:30 AM so be there ready to ride for sign in by 7:20.
- The route will be this different one to Valley Ranch. As before, if anyone wants a little more climbing there is an optional (unmapped) diversion to Windhaven near the end (I will not be taking this option).
- As I said this is a no-drop ride, but choose wisely.
- Be prepared to wait for the ride leader on top of most (or all) hills.
- It's going to be kind of warm again during the ride, so bring plenty of hydration.
See you there!