The DBC/Lite rides are open for registration.
IMPORTANT RIDE NOTES:
- Hydrate the day before and during. Replenish electrolytes - drinking only water is not enough.
- Be sure to bring a front headlight since we are starting in the dark (and of course a tail light).
- COMMUNICATE hazards and signals up and down the peleton. There can never be too much communication,
- Riders don’t consciously cross wheels, and yet it is a major cause of accidents. Some reasons why we cross wheels:
- The riders in front suddenly slow down (usually due to a hazard). Don’t jam on your brakes over a hazard.
- Call “Slowing.”
- Unpredictable movements over a hazard. Don’t make erratic movements or bunny hop to avoid a hazard.
- LANE CHANGES should be initiated by the SWEEPER, not the middle of the pack